- Experienced Researcher (ER)
- Any nationality
- No age restrictions apply
- Fluent in English
- In possession of a doctoral degree or has at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience at the call deadline
- International mobility : The ER cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the three years before the deadline of the call
C2W will offer 30 fellowships (15/call) of 24 months each
C2W will have a bottom-up approach, which means that Fellows will be free to choose their research topic (provided it falls within the competence of 21 research institutes of UMONS or UNamur,) and their principal supervisor (more than 400 possible Principal Investigators (PIs)). C2W offers a free choice between UMONS and UNamur as host institution.
30 Fellows will have the opportunity to deepen their core scientific discipline while broadening their range of scientific skills. They will implement a research project with a strong interdisciplinary aspect. They will have the opportunity to widen their professional networks at the international level, which will provide them with advanced career opportunities.
C2W offers an extensive training program, including research-based training, secondment, summer/winter school, options for additional scientific and transferable skills such as leadership, ‘out of the box’ thinking and Open Science abilities, presentations of research results.
The living allowance will be around 2800€/month. This value is subject to minor changes of approximately +2% due to yearly indexation. It covers the amount of an untaxed fellowship contract that is equivalent to an employment contract. The net amount results from deducting all compulsory (employer/employee) Social Security contributions as well as direct taxes (e.g., income tax) from the gross amounts. Additionally, the remunerations may vary annually depending on the Social Security rates. The rate indicated above is for researchers working full-time.
The C2W fellows will be hired by UMONS or UNamur as researchers of the COFUND Programme following the guidelines provided by the European Charter for Researchers and a Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (guaranteed by the HR award of UMONS and UNamur). The fellowship contract is subject to the Provisions of the Belgian Social Security System covering health insurance, maternity leave, sick pay in case of hospitalisation, disability insurance, national pension system (depending on the nationality) , national unemployment system (depending on the nationality), insurance against workplace accidents, family benefits and provisions towards occupational diseases. All candidates are entitled to the mobility allowance that is provided as a net amount (500€/month). A family allowance is provided also as a net amount (250€/month) only to candidates that have family obligations
- Call opening: Wednesday, December 1st, 2021 at 14:00 Brussels time (UTC + 2)
- Call closing: Monday, March 7th 2022 at precisely 16:00 Brussels time (UTC + 2)
- Eligibility check: March 7th – March 15th 2022
- Evaluation: March – July 2022
The selection process will be based on an international peer review (details available on the website)
- Information to applicants: July 2022
- Start of projects: Between August and October 2022
More information :
Email : email@example.com
Site web : https://cometowallonia.eu/