Iberian and Ibero-American Studies Unit
The Iberian and Ibero-American Studies Unit covers a wide range of topics in the research and teaching of Iberian languages and their variations.
The Unit's research focuses on the following areas:
- The variation of Iberian languages and historical dialects, specifically regarding lexicology and phonetics
- Phonetics of the different Castilian norms on a descriptive and contrastive level and as a didactic tool for Spanish
- Didactics of Iberian languages, primarily Spanish and Portuguese as languages taught at the EII-FTI, and Catalan in a prospective manner
- Specialised translation between Iberian languages, from French into Iberian languages and from Iberian languages into French
- French/Spanish and Spanish/French interpretation
- Contrastive analysis of the linguistic norms and uses of Spanish and French
- The study of the Iberian and Ibero-American sociolinguistic contexts, and, in particular, of the linguistic policies and ideologies that underlie them
- The analysis of the orthotypographic and stylistic norms of Iberian languages, and the comparative analysis of these norms with those of French
- The study of the cultural, social-political and legal fields of the Iberian Peninsula.