A research centre founded by the former University of Mons-Hainaut developing the materials of the future in the field of polymers and surface coatings.
Since its creation in 2000, Materia Nova has worked very closely with UMONS.
This collaboration has led to the combination of expertise in basic and applied research in order to improve the possibilities of transferring the university’s research to industry.
Fields of Application
- Advanced materials and solutions for energy applications
- Innovative and sustainable polymeric materials
- Cells for materials and materials for cells
- Multifunctional surfaces
- Life cycle thinking
- Characterisation platforms
Materia Nova boasts state-of-the-art, high-performance equipment, which is continuously upgraded and is dedicated to research in industry.
Today, Materia Nova
- has a flexible team of 90 collaborators able to meet real challenges
- is located in the centre of Europe
- has partners in Belgium and abroad who are some of the biggest operators in the industrial world.