Research interests: higher spin gravity, conformal field theory, AdS/CFT, strong homotopy algebras and deformation quantization.
Bio sketch: I have been a F.R.S.-FNRS research associate at UMONS from October 2020. My main interests are higher spin gravities as models of quantum gravity and applications of higher spin symmetry to conformal field theory, which also calls for development of the theory of strong homotopy algebras and deformation quantization.
Shortly after I was born in 1982 I graduated from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology in 2005 and obtained my PhD from Lebedev Institute of Physics in 2010 (supervisor M.A. Vasiliev) with a thesis on gauge fields in Minkowski and (anti)-de Sitter spaces within the unfolded formulation. Shortly afterwards I spent more than 6 wonderful years at Albert Einstein Institute of gravitational physics in Potsdam, Germany, first two of which I spent as a Humboldt postdoc, and 2 years at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich before joining UMONS in October 2020 as F.R.S.-FNRS research associate. In 2020 I was awarded an ERC-consolidator grant and MIS-FNRS grant.
My research has mostly been concerned with higher spin gravities and applications thereof to the quantum gravity problem, AdS/CFT, conformal field theory and mathematics of strong homotopy algebras and deformation quantization. Recently I have mainly worked on the development of Chiral Higher Spin Gravity, which is the only perturbatively local higher spin theory with propagating massless higher spin fields at present, with the goal of proving its UV-finiteness. I have also worked on the development of the algebraic structures that would allow one to apply higher spin symmetry directly to the three-dimensional conformal field theories where a number of intriguing dualities have recently been discovered.
- Quantum Field Theory II (MA1)
- Quantum Field Theory III (MA2)
- Higher-spin symmetry in conformal field theory (MA2)
- E. Skvortsov, T. Tran, One-loop Finiteness of Chiral Higher Spin Gravity, JHEP 07 (2020) 021 [arXiv:2004.10797 [hep-th]].
- A. Sharapov, E. Skvortsov, Formal Higher Spin Gravities, Nucl. Phys. B 941 (2019) 838-860 [arXiv:1901.01426 [hep-th]].
- E. Skvortsov, Light-Front Bootstrap for Chern-Simons Matter Theories, JHEP 06 (2019) 058 [arXiv:1811.12333 [hep-th]].
- D. Ponomarev, E. Skvortsov, Light-Front Higher-Spin Theories in Flat Space, J. Phys. A 50 (2017) 9, 095401 [arXiv:1609.04655 [hep-th]].
- E. Skvortsov, M. Vasiliev, Geometric formulation for partially massless fields, Nucl. Phys. B 756 (2006) 117-147 [arXiv:hep-th/0601095].
Université de Mons
Bâtiment de Vinci
Avenue Maistriau, 15
+32 (0)65 373899