- Latest measures and recommendations adopted by the UMONS authorities: Update JUNE 4
- Two very different but complementary initiatives have been implemented in the first semester of this academic year.
- Evgeny Skvortsov's project consists in the study of one of the most important problems in fundamental physics: the quantization of Gravity. He is one of the 327 European researchers selected this year for an ERC Grant.
- Ce classement des scientifiques les plus cités et faisant autorité dans le monde dans leur discipline, vient de paraître. Il est publié par des chercheurs de l'université de Stanford (USA).
- The UMONS Faculty of Engineering (FPMs) is particularly proud to have Mr. Mahmoud Nani, 31, a Syrian refugee, among its new graduates. He now holds a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering and Management with a specialist focus on Information Systems Control.
- UMONS ranks particularly well in the fields of Physics (201-300), Chemistry (301-400), and Materials Science and Engineering (201-300). It is one of the “World’s Top Universities”, ranking between 901st and 1000th place. In physics, it is the first Belgian university for the “Citation Impact” (IC) indicator and the third Belgian university, behind UCLouvain and ULB, for international publications (CNCI). In chemistry, UMONS is also the first Belgian university for the international publications (CNCI) and the “Citation Impact” (IC) indicators. Finally, in materials science, it is the second Belgian university for the “Citation Impact” (IC) indicator.