Researchers of the Faculty are not only teachers : they are also involved in the latest research projects and actively take part in many international collaborations with foreign universities and large international research centres and corporations. Browsing the pages of the teaching and research departments allows you to realise the diversity and the extent of the research undertaken in our Faculty.
- Transversal services: Philosophy and History of Science – Didactics of Scientific Disciplines Unit
- Biology Department (President : Igor EECKHAUT) : Biology of Marine Organisms and Biomimetics Unit – Cell Biology Unit –Numerical Ecology Unit –Proteomics and Microbiology Unit – Laboratory of Zoology
- Chemistry Department (President : Roberto LAZZARONI) : Plasma-Surface Interaction Chemistry Unit –Laboratory for Chemistry of Novel Materials – Organic Synthesis and Mass Spectrometry Laboratory –Interfaces and Complex Fluids Laboratory – Laboratory of Polymeric and Composite Materials
- Computer Science Department (President : Véronique BRUYERE) : Algorithms Laboratory – Big Data and Machine Learning Unit – Software Engineering Laboratory – Theoretical Computer Science Unit – Computer Networks and Telecommunications Unit – Information Systems Unit – Artificial Intelligence Unit
- Mathematics Department (President : Mickaël RANDOUR) : Mathematical Analysis Unit – Numerical Analysis Unit – Algebraic Geometry Unit –Mathematical Logic Unit – Applied Mathematics Unit – Effective Mathematics Unit – Probability and Statistics Unit
- Physics Department (President : Claude SEMAY) : Micro- and Nano-photonic Materials Unit – Atomic Physics and Astrophysics Unit – Physics of the Universe, Fields and Gravitation Unit – Materials Physics and Optics Unit – Nuclear and Sub-nuclear Physics Unit – Physics of Nanomaterials and Energy Unit – Theoretical Physical Chemistry Unit