The choice of university course is a determining factor in a student’s job choices throughout their career. Recognising the importance of this choice, the Faculty of Science offers its students many ways to determine if its courses are in line with their aspirations.
- Faculty staff are present at the various student fairs organised for school leavers in Belgium.
- Prospective students are welcome to attend open days or they can make an appointment with the Faculty staff.
- Two weeks of “open courses” are organised. The first year BA courses are open to all during the Toussaint and Carnival holidays.
- Throughout the year, students can discover the practical side of a scientific discipline by spending a few days or a week in one of the Faculty’s research units.
- All year round, the Science and Technology Dissemination Centre (SciTech²) organises and coordinates activities for secondary school students, for example, the now well-known “Mathematics and Science Day” during the Spring of Sciences week.
In order to facilitate the initial transition to university life, the Faculty organises welcome activities on campus, as well as introductory courses for the new students to meet the teachers. These take place before the start of the academic year.