The Master’s in Biomedical Sciences provides advanced training in the medical field, based on solid scientific foundations and practical work.
Students on this course acquire in-depth knowledge in the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, toxicology and pharmacology.
We propose a specialisation with four possible orientations, developed and supported by the scientific works of our research laboratories. These four orientations are among the most promising sectors of biomedical science research for patients.
Program and structure
During the first year of the Master’s, students take advanced courses in the field of biomedical sciences, such as structural and functional proteomics, gene therapy, and clinical immunology.
They can focus on specific disciplines, such as toxicology, neuroscience, oncology, and molecular imaging.
The dissertation is carried out over the two years of the Master’s, between the beginning of the second term of the first year and the end of the first term of the second year.
Over these two years, students also take specialised courses in animal testing which end with an assessment which, if passed, results in a certificate which is required for all laboratory work involving animals.
At the end of the second year, students have the opportunity to carry out a long-term placement, either abroad or in the private sector, which can then lead to a PhD or simply allows students to get their foot in door and experience what the industry has to offer.
- General courses
- Training in animal experimentation
- Thematic training
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- discover the causes of diseases
- develop tools needed for diagnosis
- highlight new targets for drugs
- study the effectiveness of drugs through experimental disease models.
The Master’s in Biomedical Sciences offers various career opportunities, including:
- Careers in research
- Working in SMEs, spin-offs, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, etc.
- Dissemination and exploitation of research results, clinical analysis, field experts, patents, intellectual property, quality
- Secondary school teaching (AESS), teaching in a Haute Ecole (CAPAES) or at the University (after obtaining a PhD).