There are several points to highlight. Firstly, the FTI-EII is the first university faculty for translation and interpretation in the Francophone Belgium.
It is also the only higher education establishment with a programme in Scandinavian languages (Danish, Swedish and Norwegian).
The Faculty organises various linguistic immersion activities, starting in the third year of Bachelor studies. Students, therefore, have the possibility of doing a six-month to one-year placement in one of 130 partner universities, or in a multilingual company here in Belgium.
The FTI-EII also offers professional integration activities, namely translation workshops, which begin in the first year of the Master’s. These are simulations of the way translation agencies work, are carried out over a two week period, and are led by students and supervised by teaching staff.
The FTI-EII also has a solid network of collaborations and associations:
- Collaborations with major international institutions
- Memorandum of Understanding – UN
- The Directorate-General for Interpretation – EU
- NATO – SHAPE
- Professional Associations
- Member of the Belgian Chamber of Translators and Interpreters (CBTI/BKVT)
- International Federation of Translators (FIT)
- International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC)
- International Standing Conference of University Institutes of Translators and Interpreters (CIUTI)
- European Network: European Union quality Erasmus+ Label awarded for the Master’s in Translation at the FTI-EII