The recent increase in computing power (GPU), coupled with access to very large databases (Big Data) and high-performance learning algorithms (Deep Learning), have resulted in the rapid development of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The University of Mons is an important player in this field, with its teaching, continuing education, research, business support and creation of spin-offs contributing to advances in the domain.
AI at UMONS is:
- The “Hands On AI” Graduate Certificate programme, which builds on the developments at the AI Meetups : 22 evenings and a hackathon weekend in 2018-19 to learn about and practise using AI tools (for engineers and computer scientists)
(76 registered in 2018-2019)
SchedulePart-time and evening courses
- The Mons AI Meetups launched in 2017
- The co-organisation of the “Deep Learning Academy”: exchange meetings launched in 2017 in collaboration with UCL and MULTITEL, allowing researchers and partners in the industry to meet and discuss specific problems or recent advances
- The launch of CLICK’ (Walloon LivingLab for Creative Industries) in 2017: a place of experimentation for short prototyping projects, mixing AI with sounds, images, videos, texts, gestures, etc.
- A large number of AI researchers in several institutes of UMONS:
- Several spinoffs focusing on AI, including: