1 PhD = 1 research topic + 1 supervisor + 1 fundingt
|Find a research topic||Get to know the research unit||Check the admission conditions||Apply!|
|Find the research topic that interests you from the non-exhaustive list offered by the research units of UMONS.You will get a taste of what you will be able to find within the UMONS research institutes and units and what suits your profile.||Inform yourself about the interests of the unit that caught your attention.Contact one of the supervisors and propose your project.||Check the admission conditions on the UMONS Registration Office page to ensure you have all the required qualifications and documents.||Apply! There are likely many sources of funding for your research project. The DAVRE is at your disposal to help you identify the most suitable funding option.|
Three possible ways to achieve your PhD:
There are three possible ways to achieve your PhD:
- By funding it yourself
- By being awarded funding (research project grant)
- By accepting a research assistant position
Sources of Funding
In addition to funding your PhD yourself or by working as a research assistant position, there are several funding options to support you during your research (grants, research projects).
Key dates for funding opportunities :
- February : FNRS fellowship (basic research)
- 2-year grant renewable once.
- June : UMONS grants (applied and basic research)
- 4-year grants
- September : FRESH scholarships (applied research in human and social sciences) – FRIA (applied research with applications in industry or agriculture) of the FNRS
- 2-year scholarships renewable once.