The Entrance Exam for 1st cycle higher education studies is designed for students who wish to embark on a Bachelor’s course but who do not possess a qualification which gives automatic access to studies. In order to be eligible, students must hold one of the qualifications necessary to access this level of study.
If they do not have one of the listed qualifications, and do not have a qualification equivalent to the Belgian CESS, it is possible to sit a general entrance exam in order to follow 1st cycle studies.
- In order to study first cycle engineering studies, students who do not possess the necessary qualification to access the course must take the full special admissions exam.
- In order to study first cycle medical science studies, all students must sit a specific entrance exam.
Note: Non-EU students are only allowed to sit the entrance exam if they have been given authorisation. For this to be issued, students must submit an Admissions Application to the Registration Office by the set deadline and must respect the academic criteria for admission.
The Entrance Exam for 1st cycle higher education studies tests the following:
- Mathematics (one of these subjects is tested more thoroughly)
- a second language (Dutch, German or English).
Students must then choose three of the following:
- Economic Sciences
Below you will find a link to the full programme for the University Admissions Exam:
You will find below the link to the regulations for the University Admissions Exam:
The cost for registering for the Entrance Exam is 132 €.
Registrations, exam schedules and proclamations
- registrations for the 1st session will be held from May 10 to June 4, 2021
- registration for the 2nd session will be held from July 12 to August 6, 2021