Research and Teaching
The FPMs is internationally recognised for the excellence of its collaborative research with other UMONS research teams, which are grouped together in 7 research institutes. The supervision of students by professors and researchers active in the world of research ensures that our teaching is always in line with the latest technology.
Research at the FPMs in figures:
- 240 academic and scientific staff
- More than 120 theses supervised per year
- More than 20 theses defended per year
- More than 300 international publications per year
- 12 million euros of research contracts per year
- 4 specific research centres:
- MULTITEL (telecommunications, signal and image processing)
- CETIC (computer science)
- MATERIA NOVA (materials science)
- INISMA (ceramics)
Research at the FPMs can lead to the creation of spin-off companies in various fields (video surveillance, medical informatics, decision-making, free software, smart clothing, speech synthesis, industrial risks, vibration and acoustics, and many more). Some of our spin-offs are even active internationally, such as the Acapela group.